OF THE OPPOSITION BLOC FORUM
«PEACE, STABILITY, RENEWAL»
The government has been currently conducting a war policy. Our country has found itself in a deep crisis, which is accompanied by thousands of our fellow citizens dying, the economy being destroyed, and a threat of the complete loss of the state.
Pro-governmental war parties profit from the pseudo-patriotic war declamationsand armouring tenders with all budgetary funds of the country spent for such a purpose. The government has been earning political and financial capital amid people dying.
The war policy should not be accepted! We are against the deceit policy, against the corruption, against the authoritarianism, against any political repression, against the country’s divisionand aggressive nationalism.
We, the members of the Opposition Bloc Forum, hereby appeal to all citizens of Ukraine and ask to support our efforts focused on peace making in the country. The effort for peace has always been present in Ukraine. The madness that we faced this year, while allowing our nation to be dragged into the fratricidal war, may not repeat. Despite language and tradition differences, there are more things that unite us than divide us. The desire of Ukraine being peaceful, united and wealthy unites us.
We approach the government and make specific requests, such as:
- We demand the peace and commencement of comprehensive negotiations devoted to further structuring of Ukraine, the cessation of bloodshed and war of the President of Ukraine.
- We demand social guarantees and reimbursements primarily for victims of military actions, and for civilians, military men and representatives of the law enforcement bodies.
- We demand that those giving wrongful orders to bring fire on cities and towns of the east of Ukraine be held responsible for the deaths of civilians.
- We demand the resignation of the government, which is going to participate in the election, instead of saving people.
- We demand a thorough investigation of crimes against their own nation, i.e. killings on the Maidan, the tragedy in Odessa on May 2, and mass murders of civilians in the military action area.
- We demand the dissolution and ban of illegal armed groups that pillage and plunger and terrorise people under the veil of civilian defence.Parties that are liable for forming and backing up such private armies must be punished not to be made heroes.
- We demand to defend the civil rights of hundreds of thousands of refugees that have been left to the mercy of fate today by the government.First of all, it means paying out pensions and social allowances.Second of all, it means the opportunity to vote in the upcoming parliamentary elections.
- We demand a new economic policy, actual reforms, and corruption control.
- We demand to stop the populism, which disguises the disastrous social and economic governmental policy.
- We demand to stop the wheels of repressions and prosecution based on political motives and under the motor of lustration.
- We demand to secure liberty of speech and stop any censorship.
- We demand the development of local governmental authorities, and budgetary autonomy for the region.
- We demand to restore water, heat and power supply, destroyed infrastructure, houses, and operations of manufactures and mines in Donbass.
- We demand a new Constitution that will secure and warrant that our requests to be fulfilled and complied.
This is what unites us. We will win, as long as we unite!
“We must unite today for the purpose of peace.We are an association of those feeling responsible and concerned about our country’s development.We can not ignore the election, as long as we must provide an alternative for the electorate,” pointed out Yurii Miroshnychenko.